Amitania is a 2D platformer game wherein you go on an adventure as a magical girl. You can overcome tough enemies by transforming yourself to cast various spells. The name Amitania refers to a hidden island continent, wherein the majority of the storyline takes place.
- Happy go lucky: The game is bright, cheerful and filled with colours. Playing it should give you a happy vibe, and make you feel good in general.
- Magical girl: The main character in this game can transform into a more powerful version of herself, obtaining access to magical powers. While not in transformation, she can use physical attacks (punches, kicks etc) to overcome enemies.
- Pixel art style: The entire game is displayed in a lower resolution but crispy sharp pixel art style.
- Themes: Each level has a different theme (jungle, beach, volcano, etc) and each theme is filled with a colourful style.
- Music: The background music of the main menu, end credits and most of the levels is also aimed to be happy and cheerful (some exceptions are possible for specific level themes).
- 2D Platformer: Just like the Super Mario games, this game will be a platformer wherein the character can walk, jump, swim etc in a 2d environment.
- Adventurous: The player can discover lots of different worlds and items.
- Power-ups: The player can find various power-ups throughout each level, giving temporary (or in some cases even permanent) bonuses.
The game will be fully created in English. If time allows it, I might add in some translations.
Initially, I will build the game for the PC and release it on Steam when done. Afterwards, I'm looking to get it working on consoles (Switch being the first one).
Currently, it's far too early to estimate a release date. The majority of work still has to be done. I expect the game to be done around the year 2023-2024, but this is nothing more than a rough estimation. That being said, I'm working on it every single day to make sure you can play it when it is released.
Tip: Don't miss the release day! I plan to do a heavy discount the day it is released, so if you're quick you can get this game extremely cheap! At the top of this page, you can subscribe your e-mail address to our mailing list so we can notify you when the game is about to be released.